Jamie Dornan in the latest issue of Evening Standard magazine

On Keira: 

“It was a strange environment to find yourself in, being hounded and followed. It’s really hideous. The paparazzi are cretins. There are so many ways to make a living that don’t involve hiding in bushes outside the houses of 18-year-old girls. That’s scrutiny when you’re older will be easier to take. And I don’t think I’m ever going to be as famous as her.”

On his views about being famous: 

"I never felt massively satisfied from standing there while someone takes my photograph. It’s never given me a thrill. It would take a very foolish man to turn down the stuff that was offered to me. You’re in your twenties, and people are going to give you a silly amount of money to lean against a wall with your head down. F*** me, you’ve got to do it.”

On his career struggles: 

“I mean f***ing hundreds of them. Some of them totally humiliating experiences. People attach too much to the idea of being a model, that you can only be a certain way to have done it. You will always be dealing with it. You’re an actor who used to be a model who never trained; there are not many directors queuing up. [When I was called back to ‘The Fall’] I felt shocked and bewildered and above all else very frightened. I was hungry to prove it was within my capabilities, but f***ing over the moon. They took a risk. I wasn’t who people were thinking of for that part. Right from the start the writer, Allan Cubitt, had this underlying belief that I was the guy, and I am massively thankful to him for that. But I feel like I f***ing earned it. I worked my d**k off for that role.”

On his friend's reaction to "Fifty Shades": 


"A friend of mine said, 'I heard about Fifty Shades. Congratulations on that role. That's going to be disgusting. I won't watch it.'"

On his marriage: 

"I don't know what the template is or what the parameters are. But I think I'm pretty decent at all that kind of stuff."

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!