Cameron Diaz covering the February 2014 issue of Self magazine

On Taco Bell: 

"I saw a Taco Bell yesterday—it made my stomach scream. If I had nothing else to do, I would be, like, 'Three bean-and-cheese burritos and give me some nachos with extra cheese sauce!' I would so kill that s***. But what I've learned is that just 'cause you can chew it and swallow it and poop it out doesn't mean it's food."

On her love for fitness: 

"I love the science of the body, and I love to give information and see people utilize it in their own lives. I want women to know that it's never too late to start paying attention to their bodies. Until I started training at 27 for 'Charlie's Angels,' I didn't. I literally quit smoking a month before. I was, like, 'Ugh, I've got to do this training. I guess I should stop smoking now.' We trained eight hours a day, seven days a week for three months, and I was dying. Crying every day. On Monday, I wondered how am I ever going to do this, but soon enough, I had a six-pack. At 27, I wasn't consciously saying, 'I'm doing this for when I'm 41.' But at 41, I'm saying, 'Thank God I started at 27.'"

On her body: 

"I'm definitely not in the best shape of my life. I had a couple of hernias fixed last summer, so I took six weeks off to rest and heal—and see what happens if I have a liter of olive oil a week. It was sort of an experiment [Laughs]. If I wasn't cooking, I was eating. It was amazing! I put weight on and loved it. But as soon as I went back to my normal workout and eating, I dropped it. I was, like, Where's my booty?"

On her workout routine: 


"At the gym, I'll do intervals on the treadmill for 5 minutes, jamming out for 30 seconds at 10 or 12 mph, then resting for 15 seconds. Then I do lunges with rows, squats, and pushing and pulling cables. I use 10- to 15-pound weights if I want to build muscle or 5- to 8-pound weights if I'm maintaining; you have to figure out your own needs and fitness level. I do two sets of 15 reps on everything. The whole thing takes me 20 to 30 minutes."


source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!